Thursday 4 October 2007

The Colour of Money

Today I received my fee for the picture book to be published soon by Parragon. I performed the Dance of the Happy Writer, and then filed the cheque . . . and when I say filed, I mean I dumped it on my desk alongside the old mugs of tea, and phone charger, the curry menu and the fifty other bits of admin I'm currently ignoring. And then I went about my day.


When I next looked at the cheque it had several squiggly additions in fat blue crayon. Unfortunately The Girl hadn't managed to add any convincing zeros but I'm sure the bank will appreciate her jazzing it up a bit.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Writer Girl said...

'The Dance of the Happy Writer'. Does that involve lots of booty shaking? Mine would. Hey The Girl might be on to something. According to The Secret, the way to make more money is to doctor your cheques....She'll go far

Anonymous said...

But you can't cash that. It's art!

E.G. said...

WG, if I shook my booty, I fear something would fall off. My dance is a bit more like a middle-aged dad at a school disco.

MD, I can't afford art!!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for the dance of the Happy Writer!

In our house we have the Happy Penguine Dance, which involves much flapping of wings ... er ... arms ...