I've been tagged by chick-lit author Claire Allan over at Diary of a Mad Mammy, so here goes:
8 Things I Like:
- I like that feeling I get when I've read the first page of a new book and I know, I just know, that I'm going to love it (recently: A Kind Of Intimacy, Jenn Ashworth). I usually pause at that point and take the time for an excited sort of sigh. I nudge The Australian and tell him. He grunts.
- I like creeping into my children's bedroom at night, tucking them in again and remembering that not so long ago I was lucky to get two consecutive hours of sleep during the night. That is never going to get old.
- I like cheddar that takes the roof of your mouth off.
- I like getting ready for a night out.
- I like imagining conversations that will probably never take place.
- I like not being the last person in the house to fall asleep.
- I like baba ghanoush.
- I like cutting my children's toenails.
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- Took Bush Flower Essences
- Watched Desperate Housewives
- Contemplated chucking the WIP and starting something new
- Decided not to
- Cooked fish
- Avoided wheat
- Agreed to go to a party I don't want to go to
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
- Think rationally at stressful times
- Come across as warm and friendly
- Write the best book in the world
- um...that just leaves World Peace
8 Things I Don't Like
- The suburbs
- Porridge (the breakfast not the tv show)
- Small talk
- Forgetting the one thing I went to the supermarket for
- try-hard Alpha Males, in baseball caps
- Advert breaks
And now I tag: anyone who should be doing something else but wants to avoid it.